Short Manaslu circuit Trek is located in the Gorkha district. Nepal Government gave trekking permits for the Manaslu region in 1991. The short Manaslu circuit trek is among the classic and renowned trekking holiday packages in Nepal. The trip rewards you with stunning natural beauty and magnificent Himalayan panorama. During Manaslu trekking, you will need to cross Larkya La pass, which is at the altitude of 5170 meters above sea level. This remote trail leads you to Manaslu, which is the world’s 7th highest mountain. It is also one of Nepal’s most prodigious and rarely visited areas. With the minimum hiking experience, you can complete this challenging trek.
The trek commences with a drive from Kathmandu to Lupenbesi. Then the route climbs up and passes through different villages, waterfalls, suspension bridges, and Buddhist monasteries. You will get to pass along the villages as Sama Gaon, Samdo, and Dharamshala are. Larkya La pass at 5170m is the highest point of the trip. As the result, Short Manaslu Trek is getting popular to explore the hidden nature, culture, and the Himalayas.
Manaslu region is the semi-restricted region of Nepal. Thus, it is controlled by the Nepalese Government. With the help of a travel agency, you can get a special permit for the region.
• Walking through the typical Nepalese village.
• Walk along the beautiful rhododendron, pine, and Oak forest.
• Stunning views of Manaslu and other surrounding Himalayan range.
• Walkthrough Budi Gandaki Valley.
• Acclimatization day in Sama Gaun.
• Experience the traditional lifestyle and cultural uniqueness of Nepalese.
• Breathtaking, crystal views of the Glaciers.
Where to meet:
We will meet upon your arrival at Kathmandu at Tribhuwan International Airport.
Day to Day Itinerary:
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu (1400m)
Upon your arrival in Kathmandu, our representative will meet you and transfer to the hotel. During your leisure time, we will complete the formalities and also make the briefing trip. Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 2: Sightseeing tour around Kathmandu city
We will visit Pashupatinath Temple, which is an important Hindu pilgrimage site. We will also visit the historic Durbar Square area & Boudhanath Stupa. These are the most popular attractions in Kathmandu. Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Lapubeshi (880 m)
After breakfast, we will enjoy the scenic drive from Kathmandu to Lapubensi on a Jeep or Bus. The road is comfortable during the first half of the drive. Afterward, it gets a little bumpy. But the scene is stunning throughout the journey. Overnight in Lapubeshi
Day 04: Trek from Lapubeshi to Tatopani(1190m )- 6 to 7 hours of walk
After a pleasant day in Lapubenshi, we will commence our trek to Tatopani. The road is narrow and steep as we cross the forest of pine, oak, and rhododendron. Since this is the lower elevation, we will cross different villages across the way. During the evening, we will enjoy a hot shower in Tatopani. Overnight in Tatopani
Day 05: Tatopani to Selleri- 5 to 6 hours of walk
After breakfast, we will continue to trek through the forest of pine, oak, and rhododendron, enjoying the stunning view of mountain ranges in the region. Crossing several small streams we will reach Selleri that offers a beautiful view of the surrounding landscape. Overnight in Selleri
Day 06: Trek from Selleri to Deng (1920m) – 6 to 7 hours of walk
After early morning breakfast, we will begin the trek from Selleri. After a couple of hours, we will cross several villages and crash at Deng for the night. Overnight in Deng
Day 07: Trek Deng to Namrung (2630M) – 5 to 6 hours of walk
You will get the chance to enjoy the numerous Tibetan mani walls made up of stones with knottily hand-carved Buddhist scriptures. We will continue weaving through the canyons and cross through the beautiful forest of oaks and rhododendrons before reaching Namrung. Finally, we will stay at Namrung, which is a famous place for Siring and Ganesh Himal. Overnight in Namrung
Day 08: Trek Namrung to Sama Gaun (3530m) – 5 to 7 hours of walk
Today, we will trek along the forest of pine, oaks, and rhododendrons for a couple of hours and reach Sama Gaun. We will cross the small streams and villages on our way up. We will visit Lho monastery, which is the famous Buddhist monastery in the region. Then, we will crash at Sama Gaun, which is a beautiful Gurung Village. Overnight in Sama Gaun
Day 09: Acclimatization day at Sama Gaun
After weeks of hectic walks, we will pass through the classic alpine scenery. After we pass the Tibet grazing settlements, we will stay in Sama Gaon that was settled by Buddhist Tibetans over 500 years ago. The area has a monastery and the tightly packed settlements in the lower part. Today we will visit explore MBC, Pung Gyen Gomba, and Birendra Lake. Overnight in Sama Gaun
Day 10: Trek Sama Gaun to Samdo (3780 m-6 to 7 hours of walk
After a rest day in Sama Gaun, we will commence our trek to Samdo. The walk begins after early morning breakfast and ascends slowly. After a couple of hours, we will stop for a small settlement along the way and then continue up to Samdo after crossing Samdo hill. Overnight in Samod
Day 11: Trek Samdo to Dharamshala (4390m) – 5 to 6 hours of walk
Today we will trek to Dharmasala, which is also called Larkya Base Camp. Our trail moves through the top of the moraine (4700m) and Gya La. It’s a very old trading route that leads us to Tibet. From there, we descend to Duwang or Dharmasala. Overnight in Dharmashala
Day 12: Trek Dharamshala to Larkya la pass (5170m) & Bhimthang (3660mm) – 6 to 7 hours of walk
It’s our big day as we will trek to the highest point of our journey i.e 5135m. We will pass through Larkye La Pass after passing a moraine (4700m). The walk is going to difficult than other days, but the effort is worth it. We will finally reach Bhimthang, where we will celebrate our successful hike to Larkye La Pass. Overnight in Bhimthang
Day 13: Trek Bimthang to Dharapani (1860m)- 5 to 6 hours of walk
Today, it’s all about descending to the lower Annapurna region. Our trail climbs down through the village of Kharche, Gho & Tilje. Afterward, we will reach Dharapani by tracing the bank of Dudh Khola. At Dharapani, we will meet the Annapurna trail and enjoy the magnificent view of Manaslu and Annapurna II. Overnight in Dharapani
Day 14: Drive from Dharapani (1860m) to Besisahar and then to Kathmandu
After a couple of hour’s drive from Dharapani to Besisahar in a jeep, we will enjoy our lunch. Then, we will further drive for about 6 hrs in a jeep or bus to Kathmandu. Overnight in Kathamandu
Day 15: Final departure
• Pick up and drop from Airport in a private vehicle
• Twin sharing accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
• Full-day guided Kathmandu in a private vehicle
• Trekking permits like TIMS card and Annapurna Conservation Area Entry Permit (ANCAP)
• Transportation by Jeep or Bus
• Three meals a day (Breakfast, Dinner and Lunch) during the trek
• Accommodation during the trek (Lodge/Tea House)
• Safe drinking water (Medicated), during the trek
• Seasonal fresh fruits (during the trek only) after dinner.
• Government-licensed, experienced, knowledgeable, well-trained, English-speaking guide and his entire expenses
• Farewell dinner.
• Porter and his entire expenses (One porter for every 2 trekkers)
• Insurance of Guide and Porter
• All required Government and local taxes
• Down jackets and sleeping bags (if required)
• First Aid service (Basic)
• Nepal arrival visa fee
• Meals in the city (Kathmandu) except for breakfast and above-mentioned special dinner
• Any kinds of hot/cold drinks during the trek
• Wi-Fi, battery charging services and hot showers during the trek
• Monument entrance fees during the city tour in Kathmandu (It cost about USD26 per person)
• Your personal expenses like soft and alcoholic beverages, mineral water, snacks, extra meal, etc.
• Extra night accommodation in the city in- case of early arrival, late departure or early return from a trip (cause of any reason) out of planned itinerary,
• Travel insurance that covers trip cancelation and Helicopter evacuation higher than 4000 meters
• Tips and any other extending trips and accommodation.