“Manaslu trek” is the most celebrated trekking region in Nepal after Annapurna and Everest. 12 days Lower Manaslu trek is among the renowned trekking holiday package in Nepal. The trip rewards with stunning natural beauty and magnificent Himalayan panorama. This remote trail leads you closer to Manaslu which is the world’s 7th highest mountain. It is also one of Nepal’s most prodigious and rarely visited areas. Even without previous hiking experience, you can complete this challenging trek. Trekking to Lower Manaslu is one of the best destinations to explore enriching and unparallel historical, religious, cultural, ecological, and archaeological importance place.
Lower Manaslu trek offers an experience of moderate trekking. The Manaslu trek commences with 5 to 6 hours of drive from Kathmandu to Gorkha. A fantastic panoramic view of Mountain ranges from Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal mountain ranges can be seen. After exploring this historical city, the route climbs up and passes through different villages, waterfalls, suspension bridges, and Buddhist monasteries. You will get to pass along the villages as Barpak, Larpak, Nambai Kharka, Tallo Thotneri e.t.c.
Manaslu region is the semi-restricted region of Nepal. Thus, it is controlled by the Nepalese Government. With the help of a travel agency, you can get a special permit for the region.
• Walking through the typical Nepalese village
• Visit the historic Gorkha Durbar and Gorkha Bazar
• Walk along the beautiful rhododendron, pine, and Oak forest.
• Stunning views of Manaslu and other surrounding Himalayan range.
• Experience the traditional lifestyle and cultural uniqueness of Nepalese.
• Breathtaking, crystal views of the Glaciers
• Scenic drive to Gorkha from Kathmandu
Where to meet:
We will meet upon your arrival at Kathmandu at Tribhuwan International Airport.
Day to Day Itinerary:
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu (1400m)
Upon your arrival in Kathmandu, our representative will meet you and transfer you to the hotel. During your leisure time, we will complete the formalities and also do the trip briefing. Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 2: Sightseeing tour around Kathmandu city
We will visit the Pashupatinath Temple, which is an important Hindu pilgrimage site. We will also visit the historic Durbar Square area & Boudhanath Stupa. These are the most popular attractions in Kathmandu valley7. Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 3: Drive from Kathmandu to Gorkha Bazaar (1135 m) – 5 to 6 hours’ drive.
It’s a scenic drive along the bank of Trishuli River. After breakfast, we will start to drive along Prithivi Highway and reach Gorkha in a couple of hours. During the evening, you can explore the area around the hotel. Overnight in Gorkha
Day 4: Gorkha Bazaar rest and explore the historical site.
Gorkha is historically the most important district of Nepal. The unifier of Nepal, King Pritihvi Narayan Shah, was the king of Gorkha. You will visit Gorkha Durbar, Caves, temple, pond, and museum during the day. Overnight in Gorkha
Day 5: Gorkha Bazaar to Sirandanda (1500m) – 6 to 7 hrs drive and an hour trek
6-7 hours of drive in a Local bus takes us to Bhache village. We will pass through the curvy and narrow mountain trail overlooking the Daraundi River. Afterward, an easy hike of about an hour takes us to Sirandanda. Hyolmo people inhabit Sirandanda (meaning hilltop in Nepali). There are places such as Nagepokhari, Bhot dodar, Chima, Dudhpokhari, Dharadi, and a tea garden in this place. Also, the view of sunrise is stunning from the region. Overnight in Sirandanda
Day 6: Trek from Sirandanda to Barpak (1920m) – 7 to 8 hrs trek
After 1.5 hrs of the trek from Sirandanda, we will reach Mathar village. Also, further walk takes us to Ghyachowk. Then we will again trek for 4 to 5 hours through Dewalsara, Goje, Sum River, Daraudi Khola, and Alagang that take us to the Barpak village. Overnight in Barpak
Day 7: Trek from Barpak to Laprak (2100m) – 6 hrs to 7 hrs trek
After six hours of hectic walk from Barpak via Basukang, we will reach Rupina La Pass. It is a popular pass among the Manaslu trekkers. It takes us to the beautiful Laprak village. During early and mid-winter, Laprak experiences a heavy snowfall. Overnight in Laprak
Day 8: Trek from Laprak to Nambai Kharka (2700m) – 5 hrs to 6-hour trek
After a moderate walk of about four hours, we will reach Lambai Kharka (2700m). Lambai Kharka is open pasture land with some temporary houses. So, there might be issues to find enough accommodation and food for the trekkers. Overnight in Nambai Kharka
Day 9: Nambai Kharka to Tallo Thotneri (3,220m) – 7 hrs to 8 hour trek
Today, we will climb to the top of Dharche Danda, which is the highest point of our trek. It offers the excellent views of sunrise and 180-degree panoramic ranges of 20 Himalayan peaks such as Annapurna I, Gangapurna, Machhapuchhre, Annapurna II, Bharatsikhar, Lamtang, Himalchuli, Malkunti Peak, Babu Himal, Buddha Himal, Sarang Peak, Sringi Himal, and Ganesh ranges. Then we will walk to Tallo Thotneri where there are places like Sita Cave and Olajung Danda. Overnight in Tallo Thotneri
Day 10: Tallo Thotneri to Gyampesal (1000m) – 6 hrs to 7-hour trek
Today, we will walk to Sita Cave that lies 1.8 km from Tallo Thotneri, in the middle of a dense forest. Sita Cave holds a religious importance among Hindus as it is among the major tourist attractions in the area. After exploring Sita Cave, we will further walk to Gyampesal, which is a beautiful settlement. Overnight in Gyampesal
Day 11: Ghampesal to Kathmandu- Drive 6- 7 hours
About 6 hours of drive from Gyampesal to kathmandu, our journey comes to the end.
Day 12: Final departure
• Pick up and drop from Airport in a private vehicle
• Twin sharing accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
• Full-day guided city tour Kathmandu in a private vehicle
• Trekking permits like TIMS card and Annapurna Conservation Area Entry Permit (ANCAP)
• Transportation by Tourist Bus
• Three meals a day (Breakfast, Dinner and Lunch) during the trek
• Accommodation during the trek (Lodge/Tea House)
• Safe drinking water (Medicated), during the trek
• Seasonal fresh fruits (during the trek only) after dinner.
• Government-licensed, experienced, knowledgeable, well-trained, English-speaking guide and his entire expenses
• Farewell dinner.
• Porter and his entire expenses (One porter for every 2 trekkers)
• Insurance of Guide and Porter
• All required Government and local taxes
• Down jackets and sleeping bags (if required)
• First Aid service (Basic)
• Nepal arrival visa fee
• Meals in the city (Kathmandu) except for breakfast and above-mentioned special dinner
• Any kinds of hot/cold drinks during the trek
• Wi-Fi, battery charging services and hot showers during the trek
• Monument entrance fees during the city tour in Kathmandu (It cost about USD26 per person)
• Your personal expenses like soft and alcoholic beverages, mineral water, snacks, extra meal, etc.
• Extra night accommodation in the city in- case of early arrival, late departure or early return from a trip (cause of any reason) out of planned itinerary,
• Travel insurance that covers trip cancelation and Helicopter evacuation higher than 4000 meters
• Tips and any other extending trips and accommodation.